FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9.0.3 Avid Uncompressed 8-bit .MXF problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Morales
Resolve 9.0.3 Avid Uncompressed 8-bit .MXF problems
on Nov 28, 2012 at 12:00:16 pm

Title says it all. It simply doesn't see any .mxf files generated by MC6, neither new nor old ones. What am I doing wrong here? I tried reinstalling Davinci, also tried going back to version 9.0.2 but no results. All the Davinci file browser shows is an empy folder... Anybody know a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
Re: Resolve 9.0.3 Avid Uncompressed 8-bit .MXF problems
on Nov 28, 2012 at 4:12:44 pm

False alarm people, just found out that Resolve doesn't like Sony's XDCAM 50 Mbps IMS in Standard Def. Bummer, the only way is to work with uncompressed files if I want it to go from Media Composer to Davinci in SD! Avid doesn't like any other SD format when I want to do the AAF roundtrip, so it seems... Is this correct?

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
Re: Resolve 9.0.3 Avid Uncompressed 8-bit .MXF problems
on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:40:09 pm

So here's a little update on the Avid Uncompressed 8-bit SD workflow: it seems that Resolve 9.0.3 generates two black frames in front of each clip extra, with the consequence that when I regenerate a new AAF in Davinci the timecodes don't seem to match or something.

Further more if I export as one big Uncompressed 8-bit SD clip to Avid, everything seems to become out of sync for some 2 frames. Not at the beginning of the exported clip, but somewhere around 6 minutes or so, Davinci seems to "eat" these two frames away, leaving me with an out of sync timeline. Not so great.

Can anyone of BMD look at this problem please? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]