FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Code Extents

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Owens
Time Code Extents
on Nov 27, 2012 at 7:09:26 pm

Don't Match.

I see this has been touched upon a couple of times, but "Force Conform" isn't working for me.

I honestly don't know where an extents issue could be coming from in this particular project. It is a 22:56 minute timeline that links except for one segment which might have been a multicam sequence in its initial editing phase, but was embedded in the finished program as independent clips. Inexplicably, three of the clips do link, but the rest are left offline. Everything in the sequence, the media (ProRes and ProResLT), the master sequence settings, the Resolve configuration, display, and calculation mode are deemed to be 23.98 ---- until it is imported into Resolve Conform, where it shows up as 24 fps. Very odd thing occurred when I "baked out" the segment -- the ProResHQ clip came back one frame long, even though the entire clip stayed in sync up until the final frame, cut-for-cut.

I have worked around the reconnect failure by doing the bake-and-razor, but to be honest, even the rendered razor-clips come back with odd clip lengths (no handles selected).

I blame Apple. Its probably a justified assumption that Quicktime truly does not know there is, or could be, a difference between 23.9759 and 24.00000.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]