FORUMS: list search recent posts

da Vinci 2K clean trackballs?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Rees
da Vinci 2K clean trackballs?
on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:19:59 pm

We have a rarely used 2K that seems to have a left-most trackball that's 'sluggish' when pushed towards red. I couldn't figure out how to get the trackball out to clean the sensor, there doesn't appear to be an obvious way to open the panel. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
Re: da Vinci 2K clean trackballs?
on Nov 27, 2012 at 7:40:43 pm

Hey Bruce I have one of the same panels and I managed to open mine up ok. There is about a million screws but the bottom section should separate from the top and then you can access the insides. It takes a bit of time but should be easy enough!

D

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

akim behoud
on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:50:00 pm

Bruce
I would open the 2k panel only with a brand new trackball ready to go.
The good news is, it's easy enough to open and replace a trackball, the bad news is, you will probably need a new trackball. Even a little used trackball will go bad in time due to dryness.

Return to posts index

Robert Houllahan
on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:35:21 pm

The trackballs on the 2K and DUI panels have little foam "wheels" which deteriorate over time. These little foam pieces contact the trackballs and when they get flat the encoder does not roll smoothly.

If you are handy you can take the trackball apart and replace the foam pieces fairly easily. I did this on one of our panels and I got the foam parts from the company who makes the trackballs. The company name is on the trackball and a quick google search will bring them up.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
Director / Colorist
Cinelab Inc.
http://www.cinelab.com

MAHC-PRO 6-Core 3X GTX285 20Tb SAS Wave Panel Panny 11UK SDI Plasma. Light-Space CMS + Hubble

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]