FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't find batch unlink for ISO? Da Vinci 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brenna Perez
Can't find batch unlink for ISO? Da Vinci 9
on Nov 26, 2012 at 4:10:35 pm

Hey guys,

I've just started using Da Vinci (yesterday), so I'm flying blind here, please bear with me...

Working with R3D files, I need to make small ISO changes.

I found elsewhere on the forum that to unlink 2 clips from the same source file to give them different grades, you have to right click and "Batch Unlink" ... I can't find the option anywhere.

I deleted the automatic group, but I need to apply different ISOs to the 2 clips, is this possible? Under the camera options, I can put the source for ISO as "Clip", so it makes sense that it batch adjusts, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a workaround?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Can't find batch unlink for ISO? Da Vinci 9
on Nov 26, 2012 at 5:09:36 pm

In V9, Batch Unlink is now called "Use Local Grades". You can find this menu item by right clicking a thumbnail image on the Color page timeline. This only works for a conformed timeline, and will not work on the Master timeline.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Brenna Perez
on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:57:56 pm

Thanks, yeah I've been able to use local versions, and multiple remote versions, but it still seems that the ISO choice is locked.

It makes sense, since we can choose Project, Camera, or Clip (if I recall correctly) to define each clip's ISO, and it seems that under these options, "Clip" refers to the whole source file. I can adjust the ISO under the "Clip" option fine, but I need it to not apply to all the cuts in the film from the same original source.

I'm just wondering if there's any workaround for this specifically.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Nov 27, 2012 at 3:45:31 pm

But in case you want to retain this behaviour for other clips in you sequence you can create new local or remote "versions"

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]