FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Lite with 4k, then moving to Full version

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tomo hiro
Using Lite with 4k, then moving to Full version
on Nov 22, 2012 at 7:24:57 pm

Hi - im interested in the following workflow - grading 4k images from Red epic in lite, and moving to full version for final touches and export

Is it possible, anyone tried it, and does the lite version do a good debayering to HD from the 4k to be able to grade decently?

thanks

Return to posts index

Robert Houllahan
Re: Using Lite with 4k, then moving to Full version
on Nov 23, 2012 at 2:19:18 am

It probably depends allot on what system you are using, and especially what GPU.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
Director / Colorist
Cinelab Inc.
http://www.cinelab.com

MAHC-PRO 6-Core 3X GTX285 20Tb SAS Wave Panel Panny 11UK SDI Plasma. Light-Space CMS + Hubble

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 23, 2012 at 3:22:13 am

In terms of using the Lite application and then exporting the project to the Full Resolve, this will work seamlessly. When you finish grading just save. If you install the full version on the same machine when you open the project again you will have the new features that the full version offers.

If you are using Lite on one system and full on another, use the project export to save the project metadata in Lite, then Import that project into the Full Resolve. Copy all the source files to the full system, relink the shots in the media pool and continue.

The bigger issue will be if your full system has the resources to render 4K frames which will be a combination of the GPUs you use and the number of node corrections etc.

Peter

Return to posts index

tomo hiro
on Nov 23, 2012 at 12:44:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear it will transfer over to a full resolve. But yes I don't think my z400 with quadro 4000 will handle 4k. Maybe 2k? Will have to test

Thanks

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Nov 23, 2012 at 2:39:21 pm

I actually think you will go down to 1K or less for grading..
And its fine....you need playback too..
Have a good look at the footage...9 out of 10 times I even use the 2K settings for final delivery...
Depends on the focus puller :)

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Nov 24, 2012 at 1:47:40 pm

From what I remember when I had Resolve Lite, if you installed Resolve Lite on a system it wouldn't let you make a 2k project. If you inserted a dongle it would. Can't remember which version behaved that way, but this is one way to have a 'floating' Resolve license.

Haven't tried this with v9 yet. I've upgraded both my systems to the full Resolve. so I don't have any lite to test this out.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 25, 2012 at 6:21:23 am

A Resolve full license system will not run as Resolve Lite if the dongle is removed. They are two separate apps with significant code difference to prevent the Lite from becoming a full version.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]