FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Res 444 Luma shift when importing from DaVinci into FCP

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Stoehr
Pro Res 444 Luma shift when importing from DaVinci into FCP
on Nov 20, 2012 at 9:14:27 pm

I am sure this has been answered before, but I could only come up with old threads that hadn`t been answered yet.
When exporting Pro Res422HQ as a roundtrip with FCP everything looks as in DaVinci, but now for my final roundtrip I want to go out ProRess444 and I get a luma shift.
I read that this might have to do with the YUV vs RGB encoding of the two programs. But don`t know what the solution would be.
If non, what other format should I go with ?

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: Pro Res 444 Luma shift when importing from DaVinci into FCP
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:13:01 pm

on the delivery page try the auto setting for levels instead of normal scaled or full range

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion
An Editors Guide To Adobe Premiere Pro

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 21, 2012 at 4:11:53 pm

[Christian Stoehr] "When exporting Pro Res422HQ as a roundtrip with FCP everything looks as in DaVinci, but now for my final roundtrip I want to go out ProRess444 and I get a luma shift."

Its probably more than just a luma shift... what is the source codec?

My observation to this point is that ProRes444, although it is tempting to take advantage of nominally wider bandwidth, is truly only good for preserving either alpha channels (although the round trip from Resolve does not port-through the alpha), or maintaining RGB flow-through. FCP, however, seems ignorant as to how to scale PR444 material which may or may not be Y'CbCr or RGB, depending on the XML flags on the return trip. This will lead to misinterpretation of the media on decode.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Christian Stoehr
on Nov 22, 2012 at 6:33:57 am

Source clips are Red RAW R3D files. I have tried just importing a clip straight into FCP, or also by using the roundtrip XML that DaVinci created. Both ways are the same result. Images comes out much brighter. I am going Uncompressed 10 Bit now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]