FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Speed Ramp Question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Williams
Final Cut Speed Ramp Question
on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:31:09 pm

Doing FCP7 Round Trip on 48min shows. During viewing I see the speed ramps. Most ramps are in the second part of clips. Resolve sees two clips linked. On Render both clips go out at correct source speed. XML exported from Resolve. When editor brings show back in with my XML a lot of speed ramps are at the wrong speed or happening in the wrong place. Anyone else running into this??

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
Re: Final Cut Speed Ramp Question
on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:28:11 pm

This morning I sent the show out as one single Quicktime and all the ramps from the original XML came out perfect on Render. It seems to be only when my XML is sent out that things get a little messy.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 20, 2012 at 9:11:28 pm

[Dave Williams] "Anyone else running into this??"

Yes, and I have a trouble ticket in.

My speed ramps are coming back tagged as "Variable" and I suspect recalculated to a rate that suggests Resolve is modifying the XML with a % reconciling the original speed with that speed applied to the entire master clip... or something.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Christian Stoehr
on Nov 20, 2012 at 9:18:47 pm

I ha d a lot of speed change issues in this last film also. Some shots I had to try to change the speed back to 100% and then render it out, so the editor could reput his original speed change back in FCP.
A lot of clips didn`t give me the option of going to 100% in DaVinci, they would always jump to 99.99% which would always leave 1 double frame somewhere in the shot.

Christian

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Nov 23, 2012 at 2:41:25 pm

Speed ramps one a second track, thats what ia m asking for...always.
Its much better to grade the whole thing and send it back if the grading table is not where the fish gets fried.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]