FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci lag and getting white stripes on footage

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillaume Cottin
DaVinci lag and getting white stripes on footage
on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:07:41 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new at Creative Cow and this is my first message. Yay!
I am using DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite to grade progressive Canon MPEG2 422 footage in 1920x1080 from a C300 camera, and I have two questions.

On the timeline monitor, I get horizontal white stripes, which look very much like a white field in interlaced footage. These stripes vary if I zoom in the image, which makes me think of a rendering/image resizing issue, but I don't know how to fix it.
The image on the other monitor is always fine.

Secondly, I found that the software was painfully slow. At startup, I get the following error message : "Your current hardware configuration is not able to support maximum realtime performance". I read the configuration guide, but only found a shopping list for Blackmagic hardware.
For now, I work on a 2008 Mac Pro 2.1, Snow Leopard 10.6.8, with 8-core 3 Ghz Intel Xeons and 16 Gb of Ram. My graphics card is only a GeForce 8800 GT, and I'm not even able to play HD video in real time in Davinci...

I am considering changing my graphics card but I don't know what card can be both supported by DaVinci and compatible with my "old" computer.

Thank you, any help is appreciated!

G.C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]