FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Lag

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Silvestri
XDCAM Lag
on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:44:19 am

Hi everyone. I am working with a project made entirely with Sony XDCAM cameras (I believe it is EX3), so all the footage is in quicktime wrappers with the Sony XDCAM codec.

I already worked with this codec in Resolve and always had some performance issues (navigating through clips was always slow, playback speeds not optimal) but it was not a pain.
Now I loaded a new episode of this project and it is really slow and hard to work on in these conditions.

I recorded a video showing the speeds and stutter of the program with this project.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3qto04nex2orup/VID_20121118_203652.mp4

Project is 25FPS, 427 cuts, loaded through FCP XML (checked for effects, only has 3 clips with speed changes and 1 with sizing). Optimized display mode is enabled.
One clip is ProRes 422, the rest is "Apple XDCAM".

MacPro5,1 28GB of RAM, 22TB RAID5 storage connected through 3 SATA ports, GTX570+GT120. Runs great on Alexa an RED footage (1/4 debayer).
Resolve 9.0.3, OSX 10.7.5.

I really feel there is some kind of problem and would like to know if this feels normal, or if there is anything you think I could try to improve the performance.

One of the solutions to this problem used to be to load all the thumbnails (open Lightbox and wait until it fills), then it would run better (but never as smooth as with other kind of footage). Now it doesn't load the thumbnails.

Thanks,
Rodrigo Silvestri

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]