FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking offscreen - keyframes not taking effect

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Payne
Tracking offscreen - keyframes not taking effect
on Nov 18, 2012 at 9:54:36 pm

So I'm very new to davinci resolve, but I'm having a problem I can't find the answer to.

I want to track an object with a mask, but the camera pans, so the object starts offscreen, comes on screen (when I want to track it) and goes offscreen again.
Tracking goes great most of the time the object is onscreen. When it goes offscreen, obviously I have a big discolored circle sitting at the edge of my frame... because the mask just stays at the edge once the object it was tracking is gone.
So I move the object off the frame and hit mark, then interpolate. Fantastic.

Now I need to do the same for BEFORE it comes onscreen. This is where I run into two problems:
I manually place the mask over the object the first frame (it doesn't start tracking until three or four frames in, once the WHOLE object is in... but I need to mask even the small part that comes in first) and hit mark.
Here's problem 1: The entire tracking sequence has now shifted, since I moved the mask. I can re-set a keyframe back over the entire object once it's in view, but now I've lost my original starting position.

Secondly, now the keyframes at the end of the sequence-- once the object is offscreen-- are gone.

What am I missing here? Is there a way I can get the node to just... stop working at a certain point? Why are my keyframes disappearing?

Thanks, sorry if that was confusing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]