FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pasting saved RED grades not replacing existing Camera Raw clip settings?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Pasting saved RED grades not replacing existing Camera Raw clip settings?
on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:36:53 pm

I'm on 9.0.3, and trying to wrap my head around why it is when I save a RED based grade––for which I've tweaked the color temp/tint metadata––then paste that grade onto a new clip, that the tweaked metadata settings in the saved grade do not replace the metadata settings on the clip I paste it on?

I tried saving the original grade with the "Save with Version" option checked and unchecked, and I also made sure that the "Copy Grade: Preserve Source Settings" option is disabled in the Gallery, but this seems to have no effect when recalling the grade on a new clip. Everything else from the grade pastes in fine, except for the altered RED metadata settings.

This is proving to be a total nightmare for me right now, as I'm trying to ColorTrace a feature length film that was originally conformed into Resolve at the wrong framerate, and I have to constantly switch back and forth between projects to manually ascertain the original camera raw metadata settings for each clip.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Pasting saved RED grades not replacing existing Camera Raw clip settings?
on Nov 14, 2012 at 12:02:55 am

Is this the same topic?
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/21675
jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Nov 14, 2012 at 12:16:59 am

Jake is basically asking the inverse of what I'm looking for. In my case, I want the modified R3D metadata in the saved grade to completely overwrite whatever original R3D metadata is on clip I'm pasting the grade to.

My problem is that I cant get the saved grade to do that. Oddly enough, it's basically behaving in the exact manner that Jake wants.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:54:46 am

Yes, it does work the way I had asked. You need to follow Peter's suggestion and uncheck the "Copy Grade: Preserve Source Settings" option in the PREFERENCES:-) I believe, that unchecking "Copy Grade: Preserve Source Settings" option it in the gallery affects only that event.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Nov 15, 2012 at 7:36:12 am

I checked both ways of setting "Copy Grade: Preserve Source Settings" and they both work exactly the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]