FORUMS: list search recent posts

Control surface lag

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tipton-King
Control surface lag
on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:42:53 pm

I have an Avid Artist Color and Retina 15", and I can't figure out why using the control surface with resolve feels like grading through a layer of molasses. Does having a Mac Pro with a second GPU fix this?

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Control surface lag
on Nov 13, 2012 at 6:10:08 pm

I've always felt this as well. I've just chalked it up to the IP based nature of the panel, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's how Resolve is interacting with the panel?

That said, I still love the Artist Color as a panel.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on Nov 13, 2012 at 7:42:36 pm

I wonder if its an IP thing... There is nearly no lag at all when using it with Apple Color though. This and Eucon disconnecting every single day, even though I've set my comp to never sleep. Other than that its a great panel.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Nov 13, 2012 at 7:58:00 pm

[Boris Tivchev] "There is nearly no lag at all when using it with Apple Color though."

I've experienced the same thing. Which leads me to believe it's more than just an IP issue. It may be how Resolve is written to interact with Eucon Control or maybe how Eucon feeds the panel while in Resolve?

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
on Nov 13, 2012 at 8:48:16 pm

Thought this was IP as well - but then used the panel with Baselight for FCP and experienced no lag. Definitely something on Resolve's end. I wonder if this will ever be improved though.

Return to posts index

Chris Tipton-King
on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:22:33 pm

It's instantaneous in Apple Color. Can anyone with experience on both a single and dual GPU system comment?

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
on Nov 15, 2012 at 4:01:47 am

Felt this on both dual and single GPU setups

Return to posts index

Chris Tipton-King
on Nov 15, 2012 at 8:52:48 pm

Thanks for the input. Ugh, how frustrating. I wonder if that's halfway on purpose to encourage sales of their own panel, I can't imagine the $39K DaVinci panel feeling so slow.

Return to posts index

Mart Manic
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:33:48 am

On my pc with Resolve it lags like a snot. And the very same panel is instant on an inferior Mac Pro with Color. Come on!

We are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]