Hi! I found a number of thread on this issue, but none solved my problem.
I have stripped the sequence of speed changes or any filters.
1. Exporting from FCP. Options include XML and EDL. Also Automatic Duck has a free XML exporter.
I tried all 3 methods.
I got the Timecode Extents Error in XML import.
I got a "failed to import EDL timeline - No media-pool source clips could be found for this timeline. Cannot load EDL"
2. Settings in Resolve 9.
Use Timecode -> Embedded in Source Clip
Use Timecode -> From the source clip frame count
Assist using Reel Names -> Source Clip Pathname.
Assist using Reel Names -> Embedding in source clip file
Assist using Reel Names -> Source Clip filename
3. Changes in FCP projects.
I have a Cineform 25P project and all the files are Cineform 25P.
I tried to conform to 24P and then export. Same problem!
I tried to click on every clip and press 'f' to Match Frame.
I opened a new sequence and copied just the video files over..
Its been 3 days and its frustrating me as I have to finish grading by the end of this month..