FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Pool not seeing clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
Media Pool not seeing clips
on Nov 5, 2012 at 3:49:52 am

Hi. Sorry if this has been asked & answered before. I'm trying to import clips into the Media Pool but Resolve does not acknowledge their existence. Just empty space where, in Finder, they appear. They're ProRes 422 transcodes from Red (why am I grading ProRes transcodes of Red files? Long story).

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Fred Ricci
Re: Media Pool not seeing clips
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:40:14 am

Hi
Do the files have the proper mov extension?

Resolve 9
Mac pro 4.1 octo 2,26
GTX 570 GUI and CUDA
8 Giga RAM
SOFT RAID 8 Tera

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:50:51 am

As dumb as it sounds, that may have been the issue. The clips appear in Final Cut Pro no problem, and open up in QuickTime Player when I click on them in Finder...but don't show .mov in spite of this. I've been on a different project but will get back to this one tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Nov 10, 2012 at 12:46:16 am

So! Adding .mov did help me with getting Resolve to see that the clips exist. Unfortunately that led to me discovering more issues with the project, largely due to the director & post department not knowing how to do Red workflow effectively. C'est la vie, you got me through the problem I had at the time and I figured out how to get past the subsequent issues.

Thanks1

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
on Nov 5, 2012 at 12:21:48 pm

I am having the same issues, either they show up black or they show up all with "0" TC.
You can save your session and reboot your Mac and they will sometimes fix themselves.
Still working with Black Magic on this one.......

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]