FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML Roundtrip Problems - Resolve to Premiere CS6

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Lewis
XML Roundtrip Problems - Resolve to Premiere CS6
on Nov 4, 2012 at 9:10:09 pm

I am having a hard time doing an XML roundtrip from Premiere Pro CS6 to and back from Resolve Lite 9. Would really appreciate any help.

Have tried everything in the manual and dozens of ideas posted around the wen have made virtually no progress.

The manual says Resolve can work with speed changes, but those didn't work upon import. If I remove the speed changes in Premiere before exporting, then the timeline comes in and plays properly in the Resolve timeline. I can then grade the timeline.

But when I export, none of the dissolves or opacity changes (creating layered composite effects) are sent back to Premiere via the XML export and re-import process -- all of these effects are stripped out and only hard cuts are left (the effects are not baked in either, they are not present at all).

Would love any advice on sending the XML timeline back to Premiere CS6 and keeping the opacity changes and dissolves intact.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Josh Unwin
Re: XML Roundtrip Problems - Resolve to Premiere CS6
on Nov 9, 2012 at 1:07:29 pm

+1, also having same issue, even just with fades.

The XML out of Premiere brings them across perfectly for grading but the XML back out to Premiere doesn't maintain them. The clips are on separate layers, but this is what I want, I like to fade manually with keyframes, one clip over another.

I've only just started looking into using Resolve & am trying to come up with a suitable workflow with Premiere, is it even possible to see the keyframes on the timeline in Resolve? The fades are there, as I playback but I can't see any representation of it in the UI and am wondering if this is linked to the issue.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]