FORUMS: list search recent posts

messed up edl

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sascha pisonic
messed up edl
on Oct 31, 2012 at 1:39:58 pm

ok so herre comes the problem

lets say i have a mixed media edl , wiht some red footage some dslr footage.
well ok the conform works fine except for a few clips i have to relink manually, so far so good everything is in place.
we do the grading, everything works smooth as expected from resolve, no problem so far.

but now we have to replace a few clips with some dpx renders and some reshooted clips (they are not in the edl so i have to place them manually ) and i bring them into the media pool and all of a sudden i have a messed up edl.
sometimes its like resolve deosnt find the old clips weve allready worked on, or suggests the new mendia is the right media that belongs somewhere else and so on.
so it completly reassembles the edl and messes it up.

ive tried to lock the videotrack, so that there cant be made any changes but with no succes...

i havent figured out a way arround this problem yet, maybe someone has a solution for this, i would be glad.

thx in advance

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
Re: messed up edl
on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:24:56 pm

Which version of Resolve are you using? I had a problem like that in v8.01 where it would unexpectedly re-conform if I added new media to bins.

If you're using v9.03 then I'm a bit surprised that this would happen unless you explicitly reconform.

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index

sascha pisonic
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:55:44 pm

hehe yes i am still using 8.2 i guess not sure right now but definetly 8. something

so this is a kind of bug from version 8???

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:11:20 pm

Definitely upgrade, that should fix it.

JT

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]