FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips not coming in from a AAF from Avid

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffs
Clips not coming in from a AAF from Avid
on Oct 30, 2012 at 10:48:42 pm

I'm not really looking for a work around, But I'm trying to find out if I'm the only one with this problem or what is causing it. Several projects shot with nanoflash recorders to XDcam 50 HD422 the AMA linked and then all of the footage was consolidated. The edit finished and the AAF was created from the sequence. The AAF was set to only link to the clips, Audio was not selected. Use Marks, Use Tracks and Use AAF protocol was all selected.

When I get the aaf I open a project go to select import AAF I then direct Resolve to the Avid Media files folder containing the MXF clips. (the same drive and folder as the avid Editor used). Resolve Searches for the clips and for some reason it doesn't connect to all of the clips, some of them cannot be found.

If I go into the media pool I can go and manually find the clips add them to the media pool and force conform them. But I really don't want to be having to do that.

Am I the only one that has these issues has anyone else. It seems to happen fairly consistently with our projects.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]