FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoothing out wrinkles

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Scott
Smoothing out wrinkles
on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:32:11 am

I'm working on a show where the clients wants the wrinkles smooth out as much as possible on a few elderly people. The material was shot on C300 and footage generally looks really nice but their are 2 cast characters that did not wear makeup or much. Do people have recommendations or tips on tackling this as best as possible. I know that the mist tool is a key component in pulling this off.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Smoothing out wrinkles
on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:08:39 pm

Depending on whether you really want to commit to electronic makeup in a grading application, there are some tutorials and threads floating around on generating edge detection trees and applying blur to those, which is what most of the VFX plugins do. The biggest challenge with almost all of them is working around the noise and compression chatter in the codecs that are the usual suspects.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
Re: Smoothing out wrinkles
on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:56:46 pm

I've typically just put multiple windows over the problem areas and misted them, then tracked them in. (which is why I made a thread hoping to allow one tracker to apply to several windows)

Or, I'll do a qualifier on the skin and then apply a couple points of mist. However, this effects the entire face eyes and is not ideal.

That edge detection sounds great! If anyone finds it please post!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]