FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tie several windows to one tracker.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Tie several windows to one tracker.
on Oct 27, 2012 at 7:44:57 pm

Is this possible in Resolve 8 or 9?

I am doing a brightness adjustment on 2 eyes.. I'm having to track each one.. while if I tracked a single one, and tied the other window to the other eyes tracker and just moved it into place it could save tracking time on a long shot?

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
Re: Tie several windows to one tracker.
on Oct 27, 2012 at 8:21:45 pm

Copy and paste the one eye node?

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Oct 27, 2012 at 8:24:38 pm

I cant copy and paste nodes.. how would you do that other than grabbing a still, then applying that single node? (time consuming)

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Oct 27, 2012 at 8:41:18 pm

you should be able to copy/paste nodes with either cmd+c/cmd+v or strg+c/strg+v!

works since version 8 something...

Return to posts index

Aaron Hayden
on Oct 27, 2012 at 8:44:18 pm

It would be awesome if each node had a tracker input and output connector in the node graph and be able to connect a node with tracking information out to mutible other nodes.

Aaron

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Oct 28, 2012 at 5:30:06 am

I Could Not agree more.
Or any other way to share the tracker

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Teo Rižnar
on Oct 28, 2012 at 9:55:01 pm

That would be great feature! New tracking interface is good, also tracking methods are better, but usability of data could be better, smart object/shape tracking of tracing clouds are something lot's of software can do this days. In between bat tracking data hand animating and compensating errors are the tools that make tracking software even better. Resolve cold be better in that, combining keyframes and tracking data together sometimes can be very stressful.

Color grade reel:
Cofounder of http://nuframe.si postproduction

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Oct 29, 2012 at 4:43:04 pm

What I would really appreciate is hierarchical nesting - the traditional parent > child model for animation. That way you'd track one window, and any 'children' of that window would follow suit. Re-piping curves and such would be nice too, but this would be the simplest way, imho, and would involve potentially less mouse-clicks and GUI.

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index

bob sanes
on Oct 28, 2012 at 10:32:28 pm

Rick
You can copy/paste attributes, try to cmd C, Option S or K, cmd V.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 29, 2012 at 5:26:03 pm

Resolve doesn't allow pasting single attributes, like Lustre, Baselight or FilmMaster. It's either all or nothing in the node. Also, you can't copy and paste tracking info, like Baselight or tracking info assignment, like Lustre. Had been asking for it for a long time.
I also would like to see tracking, that is capable of deforming. Just like in FilmMaster:-) For example, you can had draw shape around the face and even, if face turns sideways, tracker automatically deforms to conform to a different shape.
But right now, I'll settle for simple copy and paste:-)

Return to posts index

Roman Hankewycz
on Oct 29, 2012 at 7:54:22 pm

This is something that I've been hoping for for a while. In Lustre you're able to track an area once and apply the tracking information to multiple masks. This functionality in conjunction with an improved keyframe editor would really elevate the usability of Resolve.

roman hankewycz
harbor picture company // colorist

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on Oct 29, 2012 at 8:21:25 pm

What's stopping you from tracking an area and then just moving the window? For multiple windows just copy the original track node/window and adjust for the new use/node as necessary.

Return to posts index

Roman Hankewycz
on Oct 29, 2012 at 8:27:58 pm

you're right, that works as a work around, but that doesn't compare to a proper solution. All I'm saying is that there's room for improvement.

roman hankewycz
harbor picture company // colorist

Return to posts index

bob sanes
on Oct 30, 2012 at 3:39:12 pm

Hey Jake I didn't say that you could select attributes but I agree with you for more options. I was just helping Rick getting there. Copy/paste "all" attributes to another node.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 31, 2012 at 5:46:39 pm

I understand Bob.
You could also paste the whole node and then manually one by one remove unneeded attributes.
Anything is doable, if time is not an object. Unfortunately, on something like commercial work, time is very valuable and clients will not stand for much time waste. So, when clients used to asking to do certain things and now all of a sudden colorist starts pushing and clicking buttons, without much to show, that expensive client may start looking elsewhere to get things done faster...
How about pasting a simple attribute to a single or multiple event? Sorry, can't do it...
How about pasting a simple node to a more than one event? Sorry, can't do it, unless first you add all those events into a new group. But even that comes with a caveat. If all your nodes in all those events are the same, then the answer finally is yes, but if even one event's node structure is different, then all grades in those events will get re-set.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]