FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED R3D Clips don`t link to FCP XML timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Stoehr
RED R3D Clips don`t link to FCP XML timeline
on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:04:20 am

I just tried to import a XML timeline, and none of the R3D clips are linking, is there a special setting I am missing. I noticed that the Red files have a XYZ_001.r3d at the end, but the proxies have a XYZ_F.mov

I did check the "ignore extension" box for the import, but since the "_001" is before the period, does that mess it up ?

The "Force Conform with Clip in Media Pool" command is also shaded and its not letting me use it, even so the clip shows up fine in the media pool. Only difference is the last part of the name.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Christian Stoehr
Re: RED R3D Clips don`t link to FCP XML timeline
on Oct 24, 2012 at 3:20:41 pm

So I`ve been able to get a bunch of clips to link, maybe 10% of the timeline, but I still have clips that won`t link, even so the footage got imported into the Media Pool.
I am looking at the clip in the timeline with a film symbol on it and a crossed out circle on it (not just a Red X as described in the manual), and I have the matching clip selected in the Media Pool (that DaVinci imported) why won`t they connect, and why do I not get the "Force Conform with Clip in Media Pool" option (its greyed out) ?

Return to posts index

Christian Stoehr
on Oct 24, 2012 at 6:56:02 pm

So the solution was to change the RED Raw conform settings in the Project Setting window, and adjust the "timecode" to "Absolute"

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Oct 24, 2012 at 7:55:15 pm

glad that you solved it!

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:29:32 pm

i guess it is greyed out because the track is locked. if you can't unlock it, you
are maybe in the master session.

Return to posts index

Christian Stoehr
on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:56:45 pm

Correct, forgot to mention that, the track was Locked. I should have figured that one out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]