FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blend two versions?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Lahat
Blend two versions?
on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:20:44 am

It is not uncommon to work on two versions or looks, and then have the client say "split the difference".

Is there any easy way to blend two versions, with adjustment for the blend ratio? I thought I had seen something in the manual in the past, but couldn't find it.

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: Blend two versions?
on Oct 23, 2012 at 1:41:09 am

If you use your nodes efficiently knowing you may do this you can add nodes and then take the key mix from 1.0 to .50 and mix the node in. Versions with totally different looks and node structures not as easily done.

Return to posts index

Drew Lahat
on Oct 28, 2012 at 3:46:13 am

Using nodes means not using versions... which goes against the concept of using versions :-)

I guess the best solution is to create a 3rd version, make it include the nodes from both versions (using Gallery->Append To Node Graph or a lot of Add Node + copy-paste), and then restructure the node tree in a way that'd facilitate blending with a parallel or layer node. Not exactly quick.

I don't think the issue I raised relates much to Sascha's issue, but the solution for both cases is to expand the scope of nodes beyond a single version. Also consider this scenario: let's say you have a grade on 85 light-saber shots. The shots and grades are different, but the light saber components are the same. Then production wants to change the color of the light saber in the movie...

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Oct 23, 2012 at 6:29:49 am

I would just make an extra video track and blend that in normal mode .
But I agree, the whole picture in picture topic needs more attention at this point.
I would live to see a cascading node that just takes what I have and puts in on top .
So I can use a clip from a different time, loop a portion of it and superimpose it over..tracked.
Vey useful to clean up sky's, signs, roads and sudden boom drops.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]