FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still dealing with mixed frame rate problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Williams
Still dealing with mixed frame rate problem
on Oct 17, 2012 at 12:38:00 pm

Hello all
I have a question that I have been dealing with and have no answer. I am trying to do 23.98 and 29.97 brought in with an XML on a 29.97 time line. Its a finished show. It brings the footage in OK but on render it spits some of the 23.98 clips out with the extra frames that Final Cut is adding to make up the difference between 23.98 and 29.97. The weird thing is some of them are OK but it does the same clips with the additional frames every time. I have checked the "Handel Mixed Frame Rates in the config page so all of that is good. The only response I have gotten on this forum is don't do mixed frame rates. Well this facility does mixed frame rate shows all the time so that is not the answer I am looking for.
The manual says it will do it....so any help would be helpful. We are running into a dead line issue.

HELP!!

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Still dealing with mixed frame rate problem
on Oct 17, 2012 at 12:55:35 pm

In mixed frame rate mode, if you render each source clip Resolve will do that at the source frame rate. If FCP is adding frames, its likely that you will need to trim those when you round trip. If you render one clip, Resolve will render at the timeline rate. You mention that its a finished show so I'm not sure why are you need to render with handles. Finally, back up you project and database and try 9.0.2 as we have a number of improvements there and one may be related to your issue, not that I recall this exact situation from any other reports.

If you don't have success, I would trim the clips in FCP as a workaround and them email the XML to davincihelp (at) BlackMagicDesign (dot) com so the guys can review.
Peter

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
Re: Still dealing with mixed frame rate problem
on Oct 17, 2012 at 1:42:52 pm

Peter
Thanks for the help. The added frames from FC I have been told is to make the 23.98 clips fit to a 29.97 frame time line that they are working in. I don't need to spit out handles just habit but that is not important at this point. If I put 23.98 and 29.97 clips on a time line that were brought in with an XML will Resolve not spit them out at the source frame rate without the added frames that FC adds on its end? I personally think its something in the XML that is telling Resolve to render out with the added frames on specific clips but I could be wrong.
I will try and update today and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]