FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manual Tracking problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dimitrios Papagiannis
Manual Tracking problem
on Oct 15, 2012 at 7:27:10 am

I find that the Tracking section of the Resolve manual needs some improvement. For example I can not figure out how to do the following.

I want to start out with a rectangle shape. Then over time I only want the bottom right corner of the rectangle to move straight down so at its ending point in time and space is such that the box has transformed into something that looks more like a triangle (or the state of Nevada). But nowhere in the manual have I found out how to have this point tween from a box to a more triangular shape over time over time by manually setting the two keyframes.

Please help. With very specific 1,2,3 kind of instructions.

Thanks

I find that the Tracking section of the Resolve manual needs some improvement. For example I can not figure out how to do the following.

I want to start out with a rectangle shape. Then over time I only want the bottom right corner of the rectangle to move straight down so at its ending point in time and space is such that the box has transformed into something that looks more like a triangle (or the state of Nevada). But nowhere in the manual have I found out how to have this point tween from a box to a more triangular shape over time over time by manually setting the two keyframes.

Please help. With very specific 1,2,3 kind of instructions.

Thanks

http://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php?del=screenshot2012-08-01at10.34.13pm...

Return to posts index

Patricia Vaughn
Re: Manual Tracking problem
on Oct 15, 2012 at 7:35:33 am

I got interested reading this.

CornerStoneMedia

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Oct 15, 2012 at 4:35:54 pm

Place playhead at the frame you wish to start the animation.

Create shape / node.

Open node dropdown in Keyframes window (click triangle next to node number) and enable auto-keyframing for Linear Win (or whatever shape you're animating)

Make an adjustment to the window to set the keyframe, or RMB > Add dynamic keyframe

Move playhead to frame where you wish to set final keyframe

Adjust shape- keyframe is set automatically.

disable autokeyframe by clicking in active 'A' icon in Linear Win entry in Keyframes window.

JT

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papagiannis
on Oct 15, 2012 at 11:05:16 pm

Thanks John

Return to posts index

Kamil Papiez
on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:55:28 pm

John,
Thank's for this tip!

I also have a question regarding to that problem.

I did pretty much all the manual tracking for the eye on the right and now in "Keyframes" I have this mess, even when I select another "Power Window/Mask." I can't find in the manual the details about that.

What I want to do, is to:
1. Leave the automatic tracking to the point when you can see the frame from the screenshot.
2. From that point, when a chip comes to the frame, track it manually.
3. And to have a clean view in "Keyframes."

I don't understand the logic behind the tracker+keyframes. I know After Effects, but this is totally something different. I am new to DaVinci Resolve.
I think I messed up something in keynotes... but it works. So, I have no idea.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Ryan
on Dec 12, 2014 at 6:17:11 pm

A++++ to John for explaining this!
Could not find this answer anywhere, and all the "tracking" tuts never really address this situation.
Thanks for the reminder to turn off the auto keyframes when done!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]