FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distortion after loading XML

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Etchie
Distortion after loading XML
on Oct 15, 2012 at 5:01:10 am

I have a timeline I wanted to load into Resolve that I got from FCP7 (XML). The footage is 1440x1080 and displays fine in FCP but when I load the XML file into Resolve (and I confirm the dimensions) it squishes the image. I've taken a screen shot of the original look of the footage and the result in Resolve. Let me know if any more information is needed. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: Distortion after loading XML
on Oct 15, 2012 at 5:58:15 am

My guess is that your distortion is due to fitting or cropping your image relative your timeline resolution. These are both defined in your settings.

Return to posts index

Stephen Etchie
on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:32:08 am

The box that comes up when I load the XML shows that it's 1440x1080 and shows settings that match the FCP timeline. I tried changing the dimensions inside resolve to 1920 but it it didn't change the picture at all, it just gave it black on either side o the squished image. I had the same problem in AE and that's how I fixed the problem there. I have a feeling I'm just missing some kind of setting I'm missing here.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:37:08 am

see pixel aspect ratio also

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Stephen Etchie
on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:40:21 am

Okay, I finally found the master project settings (I'm obviously new to the program) and I messed with all the options for pixel aspect ratio (including trying to change the aspect ratio to 1920 to see if that would do anything) and everything I tried just squeezed the image even more.

Return to posts index

Stephen Etchie
on Oct 16, 2012 at 5:51:48 am

Is the problem I'm gavin most likely solved by the box that comes up when I load the XML or later in the settings menus?

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Oct 16, 2012 at 4:07:37 pm

Did you carry across image repositions with the xml? If so go into color menu and uncheck use xml sizing in timeline menu. That will confirm or eliminate xml as the issue.

Return to posts index

Stephen Etchie
on Oct 16, 2012 at 4:59:48 pm

If you're talking about the setting when you load the XML that says "use sizing information," I left that unchecked. Also, When I right click on the clips in the timeline in the Conform window, "Force Conform Enabled" is checked. I unchecked it and rechecked it and it didn't make a difference, but does that setting play a role in the problem at some point?

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Oct 17, 2012 at 6:49:28 am

Unchecking that would bypass any fcp repo being recreating if you had checked use resize info during the loading of xml.

Have you brought any of the files into a new session in Resolve without the use of xml? I'd eliminate the xml from the equation. If it's still doing it it has to be a setting for bow the image is being fit into a timeline setting.

Return to posts index

Stephen Etchie
on Oct 17, 2012 at 7:10:13 am

I tried making a new project and importing the footage with the same result., so definitely not an XML problem. Seems weird that its so hard to get anamorphic footage ingested. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm still working invited as well, just in case I stumble across the solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]