FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Round Trip Question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Williams
Final Cut Round Trip Question
on Oct 12, 2012 at 7:18:31 pm

I am working on a lot of long series shows that are cut in Final Cut. I import XML, color, spit out XML everything works except.....some effects and resizes do not come back. FIX-Editor has to relink and or place effects back in. I on export add names to files V1-001 etc to satisfy same clips different pieces problem. What I would like to do is render out with clips in subfolders Event 1 Version 1 etc and have Final Cut relink to those files hence no adding back effects again as the editor worked on proxies of master clips. PROBLEM- Final Cut will not relink media with sub folders as far as we can tell. I hope all this makes sense. Just trying to not have the editors have to replace so much in Rendered files XML and so on.

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
Re: Final Cut Round Trip Question
on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:08:17 am

Hi Dave,

As far as sizing is concerned, are you enabling "Use Sizing Information" during the XML import? If this is checked, you will see these sizing changes in the color page, and they will also be baked into the renders. Therefore Resolve will not add the sizing information in the exported XML.

However, if you do not check this option, you will not see the sizing effects in Resolve. However the exported XML will still contain the original sizing effects.

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]