FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where DaVinci Resolve locates its projects?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oleg Aleksejev
Where DaVinci Resolve locates its projects?
on Oct 11, 2012 at 5:58:03 pm

Good evening. Fell off the system. Now I have the system disk with the information. There are unfinished projects in DaVinci Resolve. The question is, where Da Vinci keeps them? Can I somehow get them?

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Where DaVinci Resolve locates its projects?
on Oct 11, 2012 at 6:09:41 pm

It depends on which version of Resolve you are using, and if V9, which database format you are using.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Oleg Aleksejev
on Oct 11, 2012 at 8:00:07 pm

I don't have Raid, and I work with an ordinary hard drive, and during installation I have not changed anything, leaving the database creation by default.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:47:51 pm

What version of Resolve are you using? If version 9, was there EVER ANY version 8 Resolve on your system?

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Oleg Aleksejev
on Oct 12, 2012 at 6:34:50 am

Now I'm using v9, but v8 was installed before.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Oct 12, 2012 at 8:08:03 pm

Then unless you explicitly created a new database when you installed V9, you are almost certainly using a PostgreSQL database. All the Resolve project and user info are stored in hidden, non-accessible, non-user manipulate-able files. The proper way to move the PostgreSQL database, is to use the Resolve Database Manager, accessed at the Resolve user login screen, and BACKUP the database. You can then take the single (probably large) file that creates, and RESTORE it into another Resolve, or newly installed Resolve instance on a new hard drive, or whatever.

I don't really understand from your original post what sort of condition your system is in, as I'm not sure what "fell off the system" means. Do you have the ability to run Resolve and do a database backup? Or do you have a database backup you've previously done? Are you trying to move the Resolve database info onto a new hard drive or system?

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]