FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Audio from Resolve 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lonano
Exporting Audio from Resolve 9
on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:25:14 pm

Hello,

We are starting a dailies job and the client requires DNx36 quicktimes with mix on channel one and all the additional audio channels on 2,3,4 etc. I see Resolve 9 have an option to output multiple channels of audio in the Delivery window but when I tried a test, the quicktime created a file with quadrophonic audio. Is there a way to change the output settings to export the quicktime with separate mono channels instead of lumping them all together?

Best,
Brian

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Exporting Audio from Resolve 9
on Oct 8, 2012 at 4:40:44 pm

I suggest going MXF then...all channel will be separate and you can make an ALE to bring it all to Avid for editing.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Brian Lonano
Re: Exporting Audio from Resolve 9
on Oct 8, 2012 at 6:40:16 pm

Hi Sascha,

That did indeed worked in that it created separate stems but when I want to export a DNx36 quicktime, it still lumps them all into 2 channel stereo. Also, in resolve there's no way to just export 3 channels. You can only choose 1,2,4,5,6 and 8. Since I had only 3 channels, I chose 4 and it seemed to have duplicated what was on 3 and put it on 4 as well.

In my Avid, I figured changing the output settings in the audio tool would help but I don't seem to have an option where I can create 3 or 4 separate mono tracks.

Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]