FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9 manual inaccuracy (??) regarding AAF roundtrip... Alexis?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tomberlin
Resolve 9 manual inaccuracy (??) regarding AAF roundtrip... Alexis?
on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:42:58 am

Page 192 of the Resolve manual states:

"If you didn’t make any editing changes to the timeline you imported, then choose File > Save XML/AAF, and choose “AAF” from the Format pop-up menu. This exports all audio and effects using data from the original AAF file that was exported from Media Composer, regardless of whether or not they’re supported in Resolve."

I'm trying to do a roundtrip back to Symphony and I don't get the above listed option anywhere. The original AAF contains motion effects, repos, and flops and when I "export" the aaf back to Symphony the repos and flops don't come back in; which seems correct for the "export" option. However, I can't find "File>Save XML/AAF" anywhere. Did something change last minute for Resolve 9 or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Chris Tomberlin
Editor/Compositor/Owner
OutPost Pictures

Return to posts index

Rohit Singhal
Re: Resolve 9 manual inaccuracy (??) regarding AAF roundtrip... Alexis?
on Oct 8, 2012 at 6:22:00 am

It can be found here:
File -> Export AAF,XML...

Return to posts index

Chris Tomberlin
Re: solve 9 manual inaccuracy (??) regarding AAF roundtrip... Alexis?
on Oct 8, 2012 at 11:39:34 am

Thanks, but you didn't understand my question. I know where file>export AAF is -- the manual states there is another option file>save AAF that handles the AAF differently. That is the one tha either doesn't exist or I can't find. Please refer to the manual page that I put in my post for further explanation.

Thanks

Chris Tomberlin
Editor/Compositor/Owner
OutPost Pictures

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:13:25 pm

[Chris Tomberlin] "the manual states there is another option file>save AAF that handles the AAF differently. "

You might be thinking of the workflow that exports a new AAF, where modifications were made to an existing Avid-originated timeline, rather than modifying the existing AAF and redirecting to the media target files.

I have the sense that your settings in the Delivery page still have to reflect AAF roundtrip workflow and include the new location of the render directory. This may also be why some individuals report that their new return trip AAF/XML reconnects to the original source footage, rather than the new rendered media. I have seen this happen if the Delivery page gets reset to (default) reflect no particular round trip, target directory or workflow.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Chris Tomberlin
on Oct 10, 2012 at 12:57:05 pm

I spoke with Resolve support. The step by step procedure listed in the manual is not correct. The code for Resolve changed but the manual did not.

Chris Tomberlin
Editor/Compositor/Owner
OutPost Pictures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]