FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve V9 drops playback frame rate on dynamics

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernardo Brik
Resolve V9 drops playback frame rate on dynamics
on Oct 3, 2012 at 3:09:17 pm

Hi everybody,
Anytime I make a dynamics in a clip, Resolve will drop playback fps inside the dynamics.
Anybody else with the same problem?
Thanks,
-- Bernardo Brik

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Resolve V9 drops playback frame rate on dynamics
on Oct 3, 2012 at 5:34:07 pm

On the Color page, if you have the Window area selected in the center bottom area, can you try selecting the Curves or Qualifier tab instead, and see if that helps?

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 3, 2012 at 10:40:19 pm

Dwayne, I think he means that the media no longer plays in real time if he adds a keyframed grade transition.

I think its an overall system performance issue, but we don't know anything about the poster's hardware complement.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Oct 3, 2012 at 11:34:06 pm

Hi Joseph,

I agree with you on what he means.

There is apparently a V9/9.0.1 issue with keyframed window moves not playing in realtime with the Windows window selected, that goes away if you select something else, like the Curves or Qualifier window. I am not at all sure this is what he is seeing, but it's a simple thing to try, just to be sure.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Bernardo Brik
on Oct 4, 2012 at 2:52:46 pm

Thank you Dwaine! That solved the playback issue.

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Oct 3, 2012 at 11:35:59 pm

I've reported this bug to BMD already...I'm only seeing this problem when I play the timeline while the Windows panel is open.

If you switch away from the Windows panel restores full realtime playback (at least on my system).

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Oct 4, 2012 at 8:12:19 pm

Thanks Dwaine for helping with this issue and the suggestion. I wish the readme or website would list current bugs and workarounds. Other software companies give this list and it saves hours of troubleshooting for the customer.. and also banging your head against a wall (ouch!).

But why are there so many bugs? I really think version 9 came out of beta WAY too early and it was a mistake to kill version 8.

Maybe it was done for other business reasons, but it doesn't seem to be done with the end resolve user in mind. (We all just want the most stable best product possible, and this seems like a mistake to me).

-Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]