FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render question Deadline looming, need insight! :)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Adams
Render question Deadline looming, need insight! :)
on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:26:27 pm

Hey folks. Im need of some fast help. Im up against a deadline and Im having issues getting all my work to conform correctly back into Final Cut. I dont really have time to figure this out now. So what Im hoping I can do is just render everything in my Resolve timeline as a single QT and bring that into Final Cut. Is this possible? Ive been looking for an option in the render settings and cant seem to find anything. Any insight is VERY appreciated.

Thanks guys!

P.S. I'm running Resolve 9.0

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Render question Deadline looming, need insight! :)
on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:31:43 pm

its called "Target" mode. You don't check the FCP XML round trip option, and the target mode will render a single QT clip of the timeline. On the Delivery page it is now accessed as Render Timeline as: Single Clip.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Elliott Balsley
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:25:22 pm

Hi Joseph,
I'm actually trying to do sort of the opposite thing: Render each clip to a separate file. Essentially I'm trying to use Resolve to batch transcode all my footage on set. But I don't see the option for "Render timeline as" anywhere in the delivery pane. Where is it? I'm using Resolve 9.0 beta.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:34:50 pm

[Elliott Balsley] "I don't see the option for "Render timeline as" "

In the Delivery partition:

Render to: (6 options, including Quicktime)
Codec is: numerous options from MPEG to ProRes to DNxHD to Cineform
Then there is frame rate, audio, and a choice of individual clips or a single clip.

You choose the master target directory.

and at the very bottom under Output Options: there are three checkboxes including "Render each clip to a separate directory".

There are many other options for commercial workflow and multiple outputs.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Elliott Balsley
on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:49:53 pm

Ah yes, I saw that option, but I was confused because people keep referring to "render timeline as" and I don't see that. I don't really want them in separate directories, so I tried "unique filename" instead. And that puts a prefix like "V1-0001_" at the beginning of each. Is there a way to just preserve the original filename with no prefix?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]