FORUMS: list search recent posts

59.94 footage conformed to 23.98 in Compressor

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Terpstra
59.94 footage conformed to 23.98 in Compressor
on Oct 2, 2012 at 6:45:23 pm

Coming from FCP7 and I'm having the hardest time with some footage that originated at 59.94 from the Sony F3 and was converted to 23.98 (and up-rezed to 1080p) in Compressor. The timecode in FCP looks fine and is the same as the original file which isn't even referenced in the FCP sequence. Yet when it comes into Resolve the timecode is very different and even when I manually change the timecode per clip to the same starting frame as FCP it still won't connect. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: 59.94 footage conformed to 23.98 in Compressor
on Oct 2, 2012 at 7:44:00 pm

I've had issues with DaVinci in mixed DF/NDF timelines that sound similar to that.

Is it asking for a TC that is potentially not even temporally available in the media? If so, I bet that's the case.

It appears to redo the math (from 00:00:00:00 or 00;00;00;00) to determine the TC when you bring NDF into DF and vice-versa. Or, that's what it looks like to me.

Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
Re: 59.94 footage conformed to 23.98 in Compressor
on Oct 3, 2012 at 5:20:00 am

I figured it out. In FCP you can select the clip and go to the logging properties. All those clips were set to interpret TC at 60fps rather than 24. I changed them and they linked up. Also the editor had put them in a folder called, "Conformed 23.98" and I don't think Resolve liked the "." in that name. These two things fixed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]