FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple deliveries with different data burn-ins

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lundy
Multiple deliveries with different data burn-ins
on Sep 26, 2012 at 12:06:26 pm

This is a Resolve 9 question in terms of using it for dailies deliverables.

If you sync and grade a timeline of clips and need to render out 3 deliverables with 3 different data burn-ins, what's the best route to that destination?

Lets say one deliverable needs only a Property Of, and one needs flash burns of TC, Filename etc, and a third needs a combo of both. How would one arrange that in the new Resolve 9? I know I can add many outputs from one sequence but the burn-ins are "created" in the sequence Color tab only once. The Deliver tab only has the option to have no burns or use the project setting. What is the best way to approach this?

-Chris

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Multiple deliveries with different data burn-ins
on Sep 26, 2012 at 1:05:10 pm

First we need to agree that if you wanna render three different outputs, your render times triple.
Given that fact, I suggest to make an IT-Version (Clean)
Then make a new project , import your clean output and add your burn ins on a clip level.
We are doing this also to render out for different aspects, color spaces and frame rates.
And if you get a grading change, you just change it in the master output and rerender the variations without to much hassle.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Konstantin Melikhov
on Sep 26, 2012 at 3:29:35 pm

In order to have more options you'd want to create few Burn-In Presets in the Color page.

All those presets will appear in the Delivery page output options drop-down list along with "None" and "Same as project"

Return to posts index

Chris Lundy
on Sep 26, 2012 at 4:34:31 pm

Yes, Konstantin's recommendation is what I just stumbled on. If I make several presets then I can call on the ones I need and add them as new jobs without leaving the project.

Now I also realize I can't "flash" burn TC while leaving a Property of overlay there all the time. Oh well.

My last thing is getting Audio TC burn-in. I've done a sync with .wav files recorded on set but I get no Audio TC metadata for a burn-in and I don't see it in an ALE export. I don't even see audio channels listed in the ALE export.

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Sep 26, 2012 at 10:45:57 pm

I think you're inadvertently explaining why software such as Colorfront and Assimilate Scratch are somewhat dominant in dedicated dailies applications.

Return to posts index

Chris Lundy
on Sep 27, 2012 at 5:55:04 pm

Yes indeed, Colorfront is much more powerful for dailies. Although with Blackmagic adding some of these functions now I think they'll find they need to keep adding more, or tweaking the way they work, in order to assuage the folks looking to do dailies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]