FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 9.0.1 update

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Chamberlain
DaVinci Resolve 9.0.1 update
on Sep 26, 2012 at 8:29:06 am

Hello, we have just posted a DaVinci Resolve 9.0.1 update which includes general performance improvements, SStP 12bit codec support and also a new CinemaDNG highlight recovery option.

If you have a CinemaDNG clip that is quite over exposed, and you are using the exposure control to bring back details in the highlights, in the CameraRaw palette on the Color page you can select 'Highlight Recovery' and Resolve will act to recover as much of the overexposed image as it can.

Be sure to update to the correct CUDA version 5.0.24 if you have recently updated your Mac OS X to 10.7.5 or 10.8.2 for NVIDIA GPU based systems. For ATI card OpenCL based systems, we strongly recommend updating to 10.8.2.

thanks
Peter

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
Re: DaVinci Resolve 9.0.1 update
on Sep 26, 2012 at 7:51:12 pm

Thanks Peter!

BTW, is there any chance within this millennium that we'll get Sparkle-based software-updates (or at least auto-checking update notifications, or even an old-school email notification) in BMD software?

It's kind of a drag to always have to check a message board or drilling down into the BMD support pages just to find out if there's a software update to Resolve or the Decklink drivers.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:51:01 pm

True that.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 27, 2012 at 7:43:52 am

I see it on Facebook, here and some other places.
Hard to miss :)

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Dara Yem
on Sep 27, 2012 at 8:00:44 am

really dude?..wow

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:02:08 am

Or in other words, if you are interested in keeping it up to date, you will find it....dude

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Sep 28, 2012 at 12:19:24 pm

Sorry I can't agree with that logic sascha...no offense.

Software update seems pretty standard with other apps for post-production, no reason Resolve should not follow suite even if it's an email notification - might I suggest an online form where you select your BMD products and get automated emails whenever any of them have updates (i.e. Davinci, cinema camera, decklink, hdlink, etc).

Just my opinion on this, seems like not such a biggie to avoid checking FB for updates :)

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 28, 2012 at 12:32:44 pm

Sure, I agree one should not join Facebook to get software update notifications.
The official Blackmagic Forum would be the preferred place for that.
Normally when I check their homepage, and I do that frequently because I hope for new products and stuff, I find those updates announced.
The fact that 90% of BMD users hang around at the Cow makes it easy to find, but still its a third party place.
But i dont think one can expect a personal notification if the software is not distribuited via the appstore for example.
It would require them to check your system and push information which I find intrusive.
I rather look around...hunter and gatherer genes :)

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
on Sep 29, 2012 at 1:39:36 am

Did the 9.01 fix any problems with mixed frame rates?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]