FORUMS: list search recent posts

Master Session rendering options

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
Master Session rendering options
on Sep 24, 2012 at 11:44:16 pm

Hello

I am trying to figure out the best way to render out for a project with 10 different 4-6 minute xml's coming from fcp. Each xml has totally different footage in each but the editor wants each shot in its entirety so that it exactly reconnects with media managed formatting of the original clips used in his edit - i know that might be confusing SO what is most important is the question I have about rendering a master session. I want to render the whole clip not just what is in the xml.

If i want to render out just the shots on the xml timeline i am working on and ready to render at that time BUT from the master session so I get the whole clip not just whats in the xml - is there a way to only render the shots from that xml and not all the xml's in my project?

I did a quick test with just one xml in the project and rendering out from the master session and the editor was able to disconnect and reconnect to my render so it matched the media managed originals BUT if i start adding other xml's how will i master session render just what i want only from the xml i want?

thank you

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
Re: Master Session rendering options
on Sep 25, 2012 at 2:27:57 am

Make a separate project for each xml. If you've already done the work, you can use colortrace or save grades as stills and apply them.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:25:15 am

I was hoping to avoid this...what about using flags?

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:26:33 am

I'm still on 8, so I'm not sure. I don't know if flags carry over into the master session.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Sep 25, 2012 at 7:12:02 am

you should be able to render flag'ed material.

give it a try and see what happens with short material.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]