FORUMS: list search recent posts

colortracing problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rene hazekamp
colortracing problem
on Sep 18, 2012 at 1:24:09 pm

Hello

I'am trying to get my grade back on a slightly changed timeline (3 new shots), but somehow only 50 of 400 grades are recognized and copied, while the rest stays ungraded. - While auto tracing- When I try to colortrace the rest of the grade manually I can copy / paste all i want, but nothing has changed when I go back to the color tab. Has anyone any ideas or solutions ?
Help is appreciated.

René Hazekamp

Project is 90 minutes 408 shots 1080p Software 8.2.2 lite, osx 10.6.8 24 GB ram octocore nehalem

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: colortracing problem
on Sep 18, 2012 at 2:39:18 pm

How did you conform the first time? Xml, edl, aaf or flat qt with scene detect?

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

rene hazekamp
on Sep 18, 2012 at 10:51:37 pm

xml,

I still use fcp 7. It has it's problems and so. But as long as premiere doesn't have the option "show duplicate frames" it is less capable for messy long form films, and they all get messy at some point.

Avid is an option, now you can have more than 8 audio tracks, but still

enfin XML it was

I will try what Sacha suggested again, but i'am afraid I have to solve some kind of dBase issue

thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:02:50 pm

Color tracing relies on only two things, time code and reel ID (aka tape name in Avid parlance). If those are the same, the color will trace. If they're not, it won't. I can almost guarantee that if you look in the media pool at the Reel ID column, the ones that traced have an entry and it matches the original, and the ones that don't either don't have an entry or that entry doesn't match the original.

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:04:11 pm

The only other caveat to be aware of is that shots that are longer or start earlier than the original will also not trace. The frames in the new clip must be entirely enclosed in the original clip in order to trace, which means the clip has to either be exactly the same or shorter.

Return to posts index

rene hazekamp
on Sep 23, 2012 at 12:41:40 pm

Sorry for responding a bit late. Iam somewhere in Russia now and can't get to my corrections.
Somehow the problem is not in the diffeent clipnames, maybe the problem is that some clips don't have reelnames.But not beeing able to colortravce (automatically or manually) also affected the clips that had reel names). Well too bad.

I will search further for answers from the 2nd of october.

thanks

Rene Hazekamp

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 18, 2012 at 7:56:09 pm

Try color tracing again..just a few manual slots.
Press Done, the upper button..
Still nothing ?

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>