FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wipe timeline clip in unmix mode issue.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Art Stretovych
Wipe timeline clip in unmix mode issue.
on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:06:35 am

Hi everyone.

I'm experiencing some strange behavior of Wipe Timeline Clip in unmix mode: seems like that specific wipe mode ignores the mix/unmix mode - I have a dissolve at the beginning of the clip that I want to refer to, though unmix mode doesn't turn it off while in wipe timeline clip mode, so I see just a black frame. Is there any workaround so one can choose which frame to refer to in timeline wipe mode?

Of course, I can grab a still wherever I want, but that's making a mess with stills, as well as toughening the project itself.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Artem.

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
Re: Wipe timeline clip in unmix mode issue.
on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:24:30 am

Hi Artem,

It looks like the timeline wipe is not updating when you toggle unmix mode on and off.

For now, you can turn on or off unmix (as desired), timeline wipe another clip and then timeline wipe the desired clip.

If you want to timeline wipe a specific frame, you can scrub through the clip in the thumbnail by left clicking on your mouse and dragging. Perform your timeline wipe after your thumbnail shows you the frame you wish to wipe.

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Sep 18, 2012 at 6:22:51 pm

I don't recall where it is in v9, I really just don't know if it was moved or not..., but in v8 there is an option where you create the project settings that lets you set how far into a clip you are when jumping by cut. If you change this from 0 (head frame) it also effects your wipe frame.

I hope that helps... this post is unfortunately vague...

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
on Sep 19, 2012 at 2:01:22 pm

Eric,

this option is at general options tab and is called Automatically cue frames into timeline clips. But unfortunately that doesn't affect the wipes in v.9.

Anish,

thanks a lot, that helped me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]