FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change Speed does not work in Resolve 9.0. neither natively nor through the conform.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitry Kitsov
Change Speed does not work in Resolve 9.0. neither natively nor through the conform.
on Sep 16, 2012 at 9:50:47 pm

Change speed does not work in v9.0 neither through conform nor through conform page.
If trying to conform an XML get an error of timecode extents not matching.
If trying to force conform and then change the speed by right clicking and choosing the change speed option and adjusting the speed accordingly speed will change but in a wired way where the parts of the clip will be trimmed and replaced with thr still frame on either head, tail or both.
All of this is for lowering the speed. Making footage faster does not work at all. This used to work in 8.2

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
Re: Change Speed does not work in Resolve 9.0. neither natively nor through the conform.
on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:09:22 am

Is there any variable speeds in your cut? I figured out recently that's a huge trouble with conforming variables.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
Re: Change Speed does not work in Resolve 9.0. neither natively nor through the conform.
on Sep 17, 2012 at 4:32:23 pm

No, there is no variable speeds change. Also, as I have mentioned, it will not work even without bringing in the XML

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
on Sep 18, 2012 at 3:38:46 am

Hi Dimitry,

Could you please export the project where you are not able to apply speed changes and send it to davincihelp (at) blackmagicdesign (dot) com.

Let us know which clip you are not able to make adjustments on.

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

justin lovell
on Sep 19, 2012 at 1:54:33 pm

I have reported this issue as well, but they have not been able to duplicate it.

The only way I've been able to get the speed change to work:
1. Apply speed change (ie. 75% for 18fps).
2. stretch the clip to the full length
- notice the clip does a freeze frame where you extended it from.
3. apply speed change again at 75%.
- notice the freeze frame is gone.

Please fix!

Thanks, and good luck fellas.

Justin Lovell /Assoc. CSC
cinematographer//
8/16mm>2K.transfers
http://www.framediscreet.com

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Sep 26, 2012 at 5:13:53 pm

Justin!
Thanks for the workaround. It works perfectly for the test purpose when I construct the timeline in resolve.
Unfortunately it doesnt help with conform failures with a clips that are not at 100% fps.

9.0.1 no fix still

Return to posts index

justin lovell
on Sep 28, 2012 at 2:56:01 am

Yep, still not working in the new build.. would love to see this fixed!

Justin Lovell /Assoc. CSC
cinematographer//
8/16mm>2K.transfers
http://www.framediscreet.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]