FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to update AAF in Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Stricker
How to update AAF in Resolve
on Sep 13, 2012 at 5:11:40 pm

I guess this is one of those posts where people will throw dozens of look-at-this-and-that-threat-hints at me, but I just can't help finding a solution to my question in the forum ...

So, how do I update an AAF in Resolve? I have edited my film in Avid MC, exported an AAF to Resolve, graded my shots. Then the client demanded editing changes. I exported a new AAF (different name) and imported it into the Resolve project. How do I get the grades I did in the first timeline onto the second one?

Thanks for your help, guys!

I'm working with:
Avid MC 6.0.3
Resolve Lite 9.0
ProRes444 files

Return to posts index

Roman Stricker
Re: How to update AAF in Resolve
on Sep 13, 2012 at 9:30:38 pm

Okay, I guess I found the answer myself:
Those two AAFs are not referenced to the same files, which is very likely why Resolve can't copy the grades.
In timeline 1 I was working with DNxHD MXF files, produced by the Media Composer when exporting the AAF (originally the material in the Media Composer's timeline were AMA linked R3Ds).
Then I decided to convert those parts of the clips I needed with Red Cine X to ProRes444 files - keeping the same file name but not excatly the same starting TC.

So my question now changes: Is there a way to "tell" Resolve that though these files are different in lenght and Codec they are still the samein terms of the relevant content (the actual image) and that these grades ought to be copied automatically instead of using copy paste?

But maybe I was wrong in the first place to transfom the files from RED RAW to ProRes444 anyway.
I'm on the current Mac Pro Dual 6-core 3,06 GHz, 24 GB RAM, Quadro FX4000 as GPU, NO Red Rocket, and I am working mainly with 4K material coming from an EPIC.
Still figuring out a reasonable workflow ...

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Sep 14, 2012 at 8:40:59 pm

Colortrace will allow you to selectively drag and drop your previous grades. Though you will lose any dynamics that were made.

At least you did in v8 as I recall....

Return to posts index

Roman Stricker
on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:36:48 pm

Thanks, Eric!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]