FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouse Zoom Mac Release V9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Dobson
Mouse Zoom Mac Release V9
on Sep 9, 2012 at 11:52:37 am

Hi there,

Just upgraded from Beta 9 to Release Version 9 on Mac and now on both our machines the mouse wheel doesn't zoom on the viewer window, it just scrolls it. (even though 'allow mouse zoom' is selected on the view menu.

Hope you can help,

Jon

Return to posts index

andrew smith
Re: Mouse Zoom Mac Release V9
on Sep 9, 2012 at 4:34:57 pm

Yup that is one of MANY bugs i am seeing after upgrading from V9beta3.

Some were bugs in the beta but also some news ones in the release of V9. While I am super excited for V9, and genuinely think BMD has done an amazing job, I am really waiting to see whats to come with Resolve.

I have to say I am very surprised the actual release of V9 is this buggy - IBC deadline or not. Have not heard much back from BMD support either so I plan to maybe just backup all my projects and do a clean install and upgrade from Lion 10.7.4 to 10.8.1 and just do a clean install of ResolveV9 as well..unless of course I hear others are experiencing these bugs as well then i know its not just my system!

i.e.

- Previous/Next Keyframe keyboard shortcut and menu not working at all.

- Node graph bug - Cannot name nodes? a little hand symbol now prevents me from naming new nodes, i can only seem to select previously named nodes to alter text naming.

- Enable/Disable Node while in Enhanced & Cinema view not working at all.

- green bar on timeline keyframes not selecting correct node (keyframe timeline is full of weird bugs i am finding) - jumps all over the place and sometimes does not show the correct node with green bar.

- Reverse tracking not consistently working - wont actually do a reverse track sometimes. Also finding functions non responsive in this toolkit

- saving custom presets not working?

A lot of this stuff worked in V8 so I am really curious to get some feedback from other users and actually BMD?! about what might be going on with my system or V9.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:31:56 am

A lot of things also worked in the last beta :)
Let em digest IBC, I bet we will get a new build soon where most of those things will be fixed.

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
on Sep 10, 2012 at 9:55:16 am

Jon,

You should be able to zoom by holding Alt/option while scrolling. This should work on the color page as well as the conform page timeline.

Andrew,
Do your Previous/Next Keyframe shortcuts not work at all or do they not work when the tracker widget is also open?

For the node graph labels, you can single click to edit after first setting a label through the right click context menu.

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:29:48 pm

Anish,

let me quote you and comment below on this topic

"You should be able to zoom by holding Alt/option while scrolling. This should work on the color page as well as the conform page timeline."
That is correct, but it would be better to switch em around.
I always need to zoom, I never need to move it up and down.
For the timeline...yeah, you might be right.
I love that it zooms to the cursor now :)

"Do your Previous/Next Keyframe shortcuts not work at all or do they not work when the tracker widget is also open?"
Mine do work, but those keys are rather complicated to find when using European keyboards.
What about some CTRL+Cursor options...much easier to find

"For the node graph labels, you can single click to edit after first setting a label through the right click context menu."
That is true, but the old "just type above it" was faster too

Thanks,
Sascha

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:51:52 pm

I totally agree with Sascha on his thoughts!

To speak to some of what was suggested - for me previous/next keyframe is not working at all.

Another annoying little bug - if i do a roll or slip in my conform page getting the timeline to match my offline reference the offline disappears completely after i do the edit operation so i have to click back on the timeline and move the cursor in order to get the offline to reappear - when you have multiple shots to do this is super annoying and wastes time.

Really love V9 and appreciate the hard work the BMD team has done - with that said, I would love to straighten out all the bugs i am experiencing!

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:11:47 pm

True, the offline disappearing is really confusing.
In my world, the offline would stay visible and the online on the right side would move visually .
Also the timecode would be visible and changes accordingly.

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:02:24 am

i saw similar stuff on offline clip on beta but have not tested it out on release.

i also reported it in. probably will be fixed in next release.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]