FORUMS: list search recent posts

DPX Time base

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Terpstra
DPX Time base
on Sep 7, 2012 at 8:45:14 am

I have a few shots that are in DPX sequence format and should be 24 fps. I load them into Resolve and they seem to be playing at 30fps because they lose sync very fast and look sped up. I tried right-clicking the clips in the media pool and selecting "attributes" and setting the clip to 24fps but it doesn't seem to have any effect no matter what I select. My timeline in Resolve is at 24fps. Anyone else have trouble with this?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: DPX Time base
on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:54:48 am

are you sure that your io is not limiting factor here ?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
on Sep 7, 2012 at 7:29:15 pm

No it's actually right in the timeline. The DPX sequences are to replace earlier versions of the same clips in the timeline but when I put them in they are about 80% shorter than the originals. Changing the time base of the DPX clips should effect their duration but it doesn't seem to be.

Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:12:57 am

Figured this one out... Somehow the VFX person messed up the timing and exported the sequences as 30fps. Not sure how they did that as you'd have to go out of your way to re-time an image sequence but hey... It is still confusing how selecting 30fps, 60fps, etc has no effect on the clip duration in Resolve. I suppose it automatically plays the images at one frame per frame of your timeline's time base. Makes sense. Thanks for your help anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]