FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Project Not Possible????

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Desmond Ford
Importing Project Not Possible????
on Sep 3, 2012 at 9:28:25 pm

In Resolve V9.3, I cannot import a project from XML or regular file. It says Error Not a valid FCPX XML if I try to import an XML. If I try to import a project, I cannot select it because they're all XML files.

How can I get my project in?

Also, I read the user manual and it is inaccurate. It claims that when you right click a clip in the Media Window, an open to relink media appears. This is not true. Such an option does not exist. The closest thing is Change Parent Directory, which doesn't even work. I've tried a several times.

I have all my footage in a folder on my desktop. I moved the folder to a general Media folder. When I tried to change the parent directory to the new location, nothing every happens and it doesn't find my footage!

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Importing Project Not Possible????
on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:24:47 am

I'm wondering what you are referring to as a "project". Resolve communicates with edit applications via EDL, XML, and AAF. If you edit a sequence in one of the majors, you must export a description of your edit to Resolve in one of those forms, which rebuilds the sequence as best it can (there are some banned operations which will cause failure to import). In Resolve, the command File, Import should open a browse operation that is specifically looking for XML from Final Cut, and AAF from Media Composer or Symphony.

"Import project" is looking for another, possibly archived or externally generated Resolve project, not a Final Cut prj.

Change Parent Directory allows you to re-link to other source material within a succesfully launched project, in other words the media should be already linked in some way; it is not specifically a Reconnect Offline operation.

These operations do work, at least they have been for a couple of years. For other opinions, it would likely be worth searching for some FCPX-specific round trip workflow tutorials. I understand there are tons of them available.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]