FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Phantom Cine Files into Resolve Lite 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Lary
Importing Phantom Cine Files into Resolve Lite 9
on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:26:15 am

I'm having a problem with only certain .cine files imported into Resolve. They have no preview and play as black. The files play fine in Quicktime Player 7 (Gluetools is installed). Some older .cine files import with preview, so I installed the new version of Gluetools to eliminate the chance of it being an unsupported camera issue. The result is the same. Any ideas?

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Importing Phantom Cine Files into Resolve Lite 9
on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:46:52 am

Please share the files to check

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Mike Lary
on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:51:57 am

The project hasn't been released yet, so unfortunately I can't share the files at this time.

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Sep 3, 2012 at 3:28:12 pm

Hi Mike,

I had a different problem working with Phantom Flex .cine files where they appeared in 9b2 as incorrectly blue. There may have been a decoder setting that was off somewhere, but I didn't dig too deep because the files worked correctly in 8.2. I would suggest trying the same in 8.2.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Mike Lary
on Sep 4, 2012 at 6:26:14 am

Thanks for the tip, KC.

The previous version gave me trouble as well, so I went back to the version 9 beta. I think this is a GPU issue. An error message came up saying that the GPU was overloaded (even though I was only browsing files at the time). I can preview and transcode any .cine files under 3GB, but anything larger shows as black. It's odd I didn't get the error previously if the system is being taxed. I'm going to run this by BlackMagic support and I'll post back if they offer something contrary.

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

Ben Starkey
on Sep 5, 2012 at 8:08:28 pm

Kevin,

I'm running into a similar issue in v9 where they're going neon green but it sounds very similar to your blue issue. The CDL from v8.2 was fine, it's something wrong with the way v9 is processing the .cine files. I have 2 machines here, one with 8.2 that I'm grading in but we were using v9 to render dailies since it's so much faster. Going to have to stick with 8 for Phantom material I suppose.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:50:54 pm

Hey guys,

I am about to start a Phantom .cine job myself but not sure if it will work in 9.1.3 - when files get here I guess I will find out! Just wondering what/if any a workflow advice you might have as I have never graded from .cine.

I am meant to do a one light pass and make ProRes files for the editor but anything I should know about aspect ratio, frame rate, preferences for ingest etc??

Thanks
Andrew

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:18:41 pm

ps. do you guys ever use LUT's on .cine phantom material or how best to approach grading for ProRes transcodes?
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]