Is anyone from BM moderating this? (just wondering if this is being read, or if there is a better way to reach out).
Great Work on the new release.
Some much needed changes, that shouldn't be difficult to implement.
1. Add more speed changing options.
- in media bin, right click on clip, Video Frame rate : allow custom frame rates. (I do film restoration work and much of it is at 16/18fps or custom frame rates).
2. Allow custom timeline frame rates
- Custom, 16/18fps with the ability to render (deliver) downstream at 23.98 or 29.97.
3. in Timeline allow option for changing speed to be selectable as % or frame rates. ie. used to allow me to change the speed to 18fps, now it only has speed change in 100% and % increments.
4. Fix speed changing bug
- clicking on clip to change speed, then redrag the clip to make it the right length, but after extending the length of the clip, it freezes frame at the point where you extend the clip. If you reapply the speed change the clip eliminates the freeze frame and speed changes properly (now that it is extended visually to the right length in the timeline).
Looking forward to the next release to fix some of these issues!
yep , improving the speed changes is the next big thing i am waiting ,
sooooo many times i have to leave resolve and pass along shots to others (or i have issue with dynamics applied on shots that have speed changes )
1)because of the quality of the speed changes in Resolve (only frame duplication )
2)because the timeline/shot does not ripple when manually apply a speed change
3)because a dynamic or tracking applied on a shoot on XML that speed change applied on , does not properly translate to the master session (in order to render all the shots nice and clean )
Davinci Resolve Control Surface
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
Panasonic 58PF Plasma