FORUMS: list search recent posts

R9 Feature requests

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Terpstra
R9 Feature requests
on Sep 1, 2012 at 4:04:23 am

Great job to Black Magic for Resolve 9! I've really been enjoying the performance boosts and many of the UI tweaks. Here are a few features/fixes I'd love to see implemented in the next release. What are some that you're keen on? Feel free to add to this list. Thanks!

- Release the output video when switching apps. This used to be fixed by going to the Deck tab but now the solution is far more complicated. Any ideas?

- Fully customizable Scopes window. My scopes monitor is neither 4:3 or 16:9 but those are the only options. I also used to have the parade take half the screen and split the remaining space split between vectorscope and waveform. I'd like to size and resize at will.

- I'd love to see a vectorscope you can magnify where the targets stay put (i.e. a scalable 1.5x, 1.75x or 2x gain)

- An indicator line/dot on the scopes that corresponds to where your mouse is on the viewer window. This is such a useful feature and already can be seen in RedCine-X Pro.

- Infinite blur radius in qualifiers. This one is a must. I miss the sky keys I could do in Color.

- A defocus blur option. Rather than just gaussian blur.

- The ability to add a hard drive and access it without rebooting.

- The indicator for linked clips is much less visible now and harder to tell what clips are connected. I miss the big red bar. I'd like to see it come back or some other prominent signal that lets you know that changes to this clip will effect other clips. Maybe even highlighting the thumbnails of the linked clips in red when one is selected.

- Change the symbol for sharpening/blur so it is not similar to power windows. I often click on it thinking it's power windows. (They're both circles and after a few hours of clicking you get confused)

- Shortcut keys for switching between qualifier, power windows or split screen control when interacting with the viewer window. If not on the keyboard then back to the way it was with individual buttons on the viewer.

- More keyboard shortcuts for selecting which curve you want to edit. Also a shortcut for selecting curves, power windows, or qualifiers.

- Primary Out from Color. I'd love to see a way to select a series of clips and add on one final node that doesn't affect the node trees of the individual clips (similar to how the Primary Out room worked in Color).

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: R9 Feature requests
on Sep 1, 2012 at 4:18:20 am

"- Primary Out from Color. I'd love to see a way to select a series of clips and add on one final node that doesn't affect the node trees of the individual clips (similar to how the Primary Out room worked in Color)."

Switch to track mode.

"- The ability to add a hard drive and access it without rebooting. "

This already works in os x. All volumes are auto mounted in resolve. No need to add manually.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on Sep 1, 2012 at 7:04:49 pm

I second the suggestion for the red bar again on linked shots. I'm having to really examine the thumbnails critically to see linked grades. A bit too subtle for my taste

Chris Hall
Colorist - Basher Films
Pasadena, CA

Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
on Sep 5, 2012 at 12:49:56 am

Good to know I'm not alone on the red bar issue!

Of course all would be amazing in the Resolve universe if they'd allow open mapping to Tangent Devices so we could get fully customizable panels. I had been thinking they would not want too much competition for their own panels but since they're nearly giving the program away anyway with the Lite version you never know what they'll do. *Crossing fingers*

[Juan Salvo] ""- Primary Out from Color. I'd love to see a way to select a series of clips and add on one final node that doesn't affect the node trees of the individual clips (similar to how the Primary Out room worked in Color)."

Switch to track mode."

Track mode is exactly what I need except that it affects every clip in the timeline no matter what track it's on (which is counter-intuitive to the name). If I could move a scene to another track and adjust only that track that would be a slightly inelegant solution but a workable one.

[Juan Salvo] "- The ability to add a hard drive and access it without rebooting. "

"This already works in os x."

Good to know! I just kept adding it manually.

I'm still impressed by the new features in R9 and learn something new about the program almost every day.

One more request that's more of an idea: Ability to manually drag the HSL qualifiers from the graphs. The moment I saw this change from R8 I thought that they'd made it more intuitive in that you could just click and drag the parameters you'd want. Maybe it's in the works...

I'm looking forward to the next release! Happy to be in the care of a company so dedicated to innovation and product perfection.

Return to posts index

Knut Jansohn
on Sep 2, 2012 at 9:09:13 am

[Chad Terpstra] "- Infinite blur radius in qualifiers"
+1

[Chad Terpstra] " More keyboard shortcuts"
+1

[Chad Terpstra] "I miss the big red bar"
(for linked clips)
+1

My wishes:

+ sync gui with 3rd-party controler (wave etc)

+ please make the viewer window moveable to an other screen (like scopes) or let me use the grading-monitor as viewer

+ short cuts for direct access to nodes (by numbers)

+ more shapes/powerwindows per node and merge functions (nodetree becomes less messed with keymixers etc), option to add curvepoints to circle-window

+ 3d-keyer

+ more options on top of the tabs instead of content menue
e.g.: direct reset button instead of clicking menue icon and then selecting reset, direct choose of curvetools

Please don't understand it as a complaint. Great job done yet bm-team!

K.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 2, 2012 at 12:05:50 pm

[Chad Terpstra] "- Infinite blur radius in qualifiers"
+2
I really really need this...I need to shift the project over to Scratch for big blurs still

[Chad Terpstra] " More keyboard shortcuts"
+2
Yes, thats why AVID rocks

[Chad Terpstra] "I miss the big red bar"
(for linked clips)
+1 me too

My wishes:

+ sync gui with 3rd-party controler (wave etc)
Yes, I would also like to see the value that changes ON the Element, so I can just dial in a number I am used to
Bidirectional communication would be kick ass

+ please make the viewer window moveable to an other screen (like scopes) or let me use the grading-monitor as viewer
Will not happen, We all know why

+ short cuts for direct access to nodes (by numbers)
Like on the big panel, yes

+ 3d-keyer
Or third party keyers

+ more options on top of the tabs instead of content menue
e.g.: direct reset button instead of clicking menue icon and then selecting reset, direct choose of curvetools
yep, good idea

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved