FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping nodes within a CPW

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Bierwag
Grouping nodes within a CPW
on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:43:09 pm

I need to make a correction that requires multiple nodes, one that is basic color grade, one that is a tracking CPW for some subject face lighting and a corresponding outside node to reduce noise outside the subject's face.
The problem I'm running in to is that I would like to have all 3 of those nodes exist within the confines of a separate CPW that will shrink frame by frame. I want everything outside of this CPW to be unaffected.
Is there a way to group my 3 nodes together, and put them inside a CPW? Or is there a way to ad a CPW node that will contain all 3 nodes, leaving everything outside unaffected?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Josh Petok
Re: Grouping nodes within a CPW
on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:21:41 pm

This is how I organize my nodes to have multiple serial nodes inside of a CPW. Not exactly what you're asking, but you should be able to modify it to suit your needs.

Josh Petok
Online | Color
JoshPetok.com
TheCurrentCut.com

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Aug 31, 2012 at 2:09:07 am

Nice Josh! I just feed the key from one node to the next in the chain. By default the key gets inverted, but you can re-invert the key and there by affect the same portion of the image. On the panels its a matter of adding an outside node, then invert, and repeat as many times as desired.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Eli Bierwag
on Aug 31, 2012 at 1:44:47 pm

That did the trick. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]