FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slip tool Key Commands or workaround?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnathan Throbins
Slip tool Key Commands or workaround?
on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:44:43 am

I'm used to aligning things in Avid and just punching keys to move it around a reliable distance. As far as I gather from the Resolve manual there are no keys to move the slip tool and you have to cowboy drag it around with the mouse, which totally sucks because I'm trying to fix about a hundred shots on someone's conform disaster. Is there any way to slip frame by frame with a key command or some other cludge workaround I can do to make it happen?

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Slip tool Key Commands or workaround?
on Aug 27, 2012 at 10:36:32 am

Yes, this is a valid request which would make the excellent multitimeline even better .
Especially now where more and more interesting formats like DNG and EXR are state of the art, I am avoiding editing in Avid more and more..

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:41:56 pm

it would be better to fix it in editor if hundreds of shots.

seems to me faster and easier

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Johnathan Throbins
on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:08:46 pm

Agreed, except something happened to some of the shots when they reconnect to R3D in Resolve,so it can't be changed in the NLE it came from I believe, nor do I have access to that stuff. What I'm comparing to is the render from the NLE which came out correct. When it conforms in resolve some of the shots seem to start on the wrong spot, but not reliably so and only some of them. So it's not like I just need to switch timecode modes or something. It turns out it's not quite hundreds, so I'm plugging through it but... ugh.

If for some reason I did want to export this to another NLE, is there a way to export an EDL or XML or whatnot from resolve that links to the original footage not to the render? I've cut in a bunch of special effects shots and stuff so I can't easily go back to the original EDL even if I wanted to. If I could pop this into my prefered editor and tweak then send it back to resolve that would be great, but I'm pretty sure resolve only exports to link rendered footage...?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:11:10 pm

On conform page you can export XML etc from your timeline.

Look it up in manual in detail.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]