FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3D+ dead?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3D+ dead?
on Aug 26, 2012 at 9:00:15 pm

I just swapped out a RAID controller for another RAID controller in my mac pro. (the gtech esata controller for my other raid controller)

Once I turned on the MacPro I noticed the cord to the fan on the decklink card was rubbing against the blades of the fan causing a buzzing noise. I immediately turned the macpro off and sorted the issue out.

I turned the mac pro back on and the DeckLink card is not being recognized. (confirmed by looking in the system profiler)

I've tried other cards in the decklinks slot and they work fine. I've tried uninstalling the decklink drivers, uninstalling the gtech drivers, then reinstalling the decklink drivers.. still not recognized.

Did the card burn out during those moments the cord was touching the fan? How can I confirm whats going on?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Johnathan Throbins
Re: Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3D+ dead?
on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:46:10 am

Try the card in a different machine?

Return to posts index

Johnathan Throbins
on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:51:31 am

If you were working on the machine while the fan was on then your card was on with your hands in there? You might have just shocked it or shorted something by touching. It does kinda sound like you've got a dead card...

Does the fan spin on the card when you start up now?

...Hmmm basic ideas. I don't know anything fancy /not obvious so I'll stop trying to answer. lol. Good luck with it.

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:34:27 am

Looks like it was the card that burned out.

I got another one and installed it, all is working again.

Only got 2 years out of my other card!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]