FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve GUI video display - anyone like the option to make it black & white ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Tay
DaVinci Resolve GUI video display - anyone like the option to make it black & white ?
on Aug 22, 2012 at 4:24:47 am

Hi all,

Just gathering feedback here.

Anyone would like to see an option to have the video display in the Resolve GUI monitor to be in black & white mode ? I've heard some colorists that some clients have told them that they prefer the look on the GUI video display rather than the SDI output so having a black & white display option will probably get rid of that issues altogether.

Agree ?

-chrispy

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: DaVinci Resolve GUI video display - anyone like the option to make it black & white ?
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:12:36 am

Absolutely :)
Thanks for listening
Yes, I totally would love that option.
I always turn it black and white using a display LUT in Scratch too.
There we have the option to use different LUTs for different displays, but a simple switch would be great.
A second thing, while you are at it, is an option to dim the whole interface screen.
I am working mostly in a grading cinema, and even i set the Dreamcolor to 50 cd/m2 (lowest setting) I still feel blinded by the UI sometimes.

Thanks guys, your are great.

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Fred Ricci
Re: DaVinci Resolve GUI video display - anyone like the option to make it black & white ?
on Aug 22, 2012 at 8:59:10 am

+ 1 for b&w.
+ 2 for dimming.

NEHALEM OCTO 2,26
GT 120
GTX 285
8 Giga RAM
SOFT RAID 8 Tera
Wave
Eizo 243 + Hdlink displayport
DAV, COLOR, FINAL CUT AND MEDIA COMP

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:36:08 pm

Another vote for both of those

and further, turn off GUI video completely during playback as an option. Sometimes the playback lag is really distracting when watching something cutty.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Aug 24, 2012 at 10:53:16 am

Or just sync (delay adjustable) to the SDI out.

A slice of color...

DaVinci 9b3 OSX 10.8
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Jonathon Lee
on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:08:02 pm

yes to dimming
yes to BW

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Aug 22, 2012 at 7:07:43 pm

Yes Please!

I have had a few clients give me color notes based on the computer LCD monitor. I have to remind them that the computer LCD is not calibrated and they should not be looking at it (doesn't seem to stop them).

I have the clients behind me so they can see my computer screen in addition to the client video monitor.

A B&W option would be great and a dimming option would be nice too.

And can we get an option to duplicate a timeline! We have been asking for this option for quite awhile. I want to make a duplicate timeline that I can color with a totally different look sometimes!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Aug 29, 2012 at 12:03:17 am

Adding my +1 for this feature.

Right now I'm resorting to spray-painting the upper left corner of my monitor with black Krylon, so clients cant see the Viewer. Having this feature as a software option would be most welcome.

Return to posts index

Marcus Smith
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:03:15 am

+1 for this.

Return to posts index

Ian de Brí
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:52:45 pm

Yes yes yes! Gimme Gimme!

DaVinci Resolve 8.0, FCS3, FCPX
MacPro5,1, 2x2.93 32GB, Software Raid
ATI Radeon HD 5770/NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Multibridge Extreme, Tangent Wave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]