FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve breaking Scratch's communication with Tangent Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Conforti
Resolve breaking Scratch's communication with Tangent Resolve
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:01:03 pm

Hi there!

BTW, this is my first post ever around here... even though I've been stalking many threads for a long time... what a great source of information! But let me ask about a problem I've just came across:

I had Scratch 6.1 installed and working with the Tangent Element panel bundle (my config is in the signature). But after installing Resolve 8.2.2 on the same computer, now Scratch can't "see" the panels anymore, and keeps displaying "DaVinci Resolve" on the panels displays . And now when I enter Scratch > Settings > Configure Panels, it ignores all the knobs and buttons I touch (and were already mapped).

Did a clean reinstall of OSX 10.6.8, reinstalled Scratch and it was working again with the panels. Then reinstalled Resolve and the same happened. Any ideas?

Actually I won't be working with Scratch on this particular machine (just Resolve), as I have a nice Scratch system up and running at work with a set of CP-200's, but I've found this annoying so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pedro

Pedro Conforti :: Colorist
Link Digital
-----------------------

Mac Pro 8 core 2.26Ghz 48Gb RAM
OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
GTX 570 2.5Gb
Tangent Element
Decklink HD Extreme 3D

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Resolve breaking Scratch's communication with Tangent Resolve
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:13:37 pm

Have you ever been able to get scratch and resolve to both use the panels in the past? Resolve uses it's own driver for the wave panels... Meant for use only with Resolve. So I don't believe it would be possible to get both to work. Sorry.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Pedro Conforti
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:17:51 pm

Hey Juan, thanks for the reply.

I've installed the Tangent Hub, which seems to be necessary for both Resolve and Scratch. So I installed Scratch and it was working. Then I installed Resolve and it was also working, but disrupted Scratch communication with the panels.

My guess is that If I only could find out which driver / extension / whatever Resolve has added to the system, I could remove it whenever I wanted to open Scratch...

Link Digital
-----------------------

GTX 570 2.5Gb
Tangent Element
Decklink HD Extreme 3D

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:21:24 pm

You must release control of the panels in Resolve to allow them to be recognized by other programs. Go into Preferences and tell it to use a panel type of "None," then exit Resolve. That should do it.

Return to posts index

Pedro Conforti
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:25:47 pm

That did the trick! So simple it made me laugh!

Thanks Mike and Juan!

Cheers,

Pedro

Link Digital
-----------------------

GTX 570 2.5Gb
Tangent Element
Decklink HD Extreme 3D

Return to posts index