FORUMS: list search recent posts

Case and Control 9.0.2 and 9.0.3

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Pickett
Case and Control 9.0.2 and 9.0.3
on Aug 19, 2012 at 3:19:42 pm

Whereas I am the control, the case was a recently upgraded Mac Resolve 9.0.2 tasked with grading a simple 422HQ sequence that I scene detected and went about grading as usual.

The most curious artifact was a virtual jitter frame while working in 1920x1080 29.97 that would cause an old fashioned video dropout while in play causing the HDSDI connected reference monitor and client Plasma via HDMI to pop out of sync. Upon further examination I could find the virtual jitter frame and park on it. It looked like a classic video jitter frame from a 3:2 sequence that could be cured by disabling or deleting a serial node which was created with new keyboard shortcut option+S. Of the two clips with the artifact the offending node was a slight primary color correction. After confirming that the source media was stable in the media browser as well as within the color timeline I simply deleted the node and recreated it which seemed to solve the issue in the short term.

I was later dismayed to find the dynamic menus mostly disabled, save for Add Marker as well as the All/Color/PTZR toggle and was then relieved to see 9.0.3 released that very morning. A quick check of this forum showed a few comments about this and I went through the familiar troubleshooting steps of restarts and reboots. I also upgraded my Cuda driver to the most recent as of the release date and restarted again.

After installing 9.0.3 I had the exact issues with disabled dynamic menus as well as a new series of jitter frames generated by a serial node. Only this time the node was a "known good" node until I tweaked it further causing it to jitter on one frame. However I could undo the grade tweak and the jitter would vanish. Redo and it was back. All of this from primary grading balance, lift and gain. So I chose to undo and add another node for more tweaking.

The dynamic menus were still mostly disabled as well as the associated keyboard shortcuts. But at long last in desperation I right clicked in the GUI keyframe menu whereby another dropdown menu offered my desired "add dynamic keyframe" function.

The final oddity so far was the change in keyboard shortcut from option+O to option+U, for "add outside node". Neither shortcut produced anything noticeable but in this case the Node menu offered some relief with all dropdown selections enabled.

Oh and the automatic linking of QT wave file into my timeline was nice but when I gave it a listen the video played back but the audio seemed to loop and skip. I just turned the pots back down on the mixer and gazed into the future.

A sincere tip of the cap to BMD for the continued product development. I hope we can smooth the bugs out calmly and accurately.

Dave Pickett
Colorist
Jam Edit - Atlanta
http://www.jamedit.com
http://www.davepickett.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]